On their website, British Triathlon has announced entries are now open for the TriStar event as part of the ITU World Triathlon Leeds 2018 for all TriStar 2 and 3 triathletes.
The TriStar races will take place on Saturday 9 June and offer a unique opportunity for the next generation of triathletes to race over the same weekend as the world’s best and cross the iconic finish line in front of Mansion House in Roundhay Park.
The TriStar 2 event (11-12 year olds) will include a 200m swim, 5km draft legal bike and 1.7km run whilst the TriStar 3 event will feature 300m swim, 5km bike and 2.5km run. Both events will take place entirely within Roundhay Park with entry costing just £25 plus booking fees.
To go to the webpage, click here
Footsteps Nursery (a nursery that’s just like a home) has generously come on-board with sponsorship for our fantastic junior triathletes. Not only do they have a fab logo, they are also helping our juniors to keep it real by supporting the club. The nursery is local too, based in Castle Donnington and cater for children from 0 to 5 years. From there though, they still have a couple of years until we can encourage them to be the next Jonathon Brownlee or Flora Duffy! A huge thank-you goes out to Footsteps !
Good times and good times at the Derby 10km by Long Eaton Tri members recently.
Wednesday turbo sessions start at West Park Leisure Centre at 7.30pm but arrive from 7.15pm to set up.
Cost is £2.50 per head.
We can lend you a turbo by pre-arrangement please contact us on the facebook page ; Long Eaton triathlon Club.
The Erewash triathlon which took place at West Park on Sunday the 20th August this year saw some of the fastest times ever achieved for both male and female competitors. The competition was fierce and Carl Shaw brought home the men’s race in 46.09. The omen’s race saw Rebecca Linekar take the womans’s race with a 57.59, beating Clara Hartman by just 11 seconds !
Top 3 men overall
Top 3 ladies overall
Top 3 men and ladies respectively.
Along with the adults race was the inaugural Erewash Junior Triathlon. Long Eaton Junior Triathlon Club and 4Life Junior Triathlon club athletes battled it out on the lovely Sunday morning in all British Triathlon Tri-Start and Tri-Star categories respectively.
Podium places for the juniors are as follows;
Tristart male 1st place; Joshua Hurst
Tristart female 2nd place; Maise Ash
Tristart female 3rd place; Mhari Sanderson
Tri Star 1 male 2nd place Drew Ottewell
Tri Star 1 female 1st place Isla Love
Tri Star 1 female 2nd place; Liberty Ash
Tri Star 2 male 3rd place Bram Ottewell
Tri Star 3 male 3rd place; Zac Heywood
Tri Star 3 female 2nd place Imogen Patching
Below are Maise Ash (left) and Liberty Ash (right) collecting their trophies
The swim on a Tuesday evening has changed to a 7.30pm start. The session is still 1 hour long and finishes at 8.30pm, costs also remain unchanged.
The 10th Erewash Triathlon took place on the 10th August… to be continued….
For full race results, click here
From Wednesday the 29th March cycling nights will resume from West Park. Meeting just before 7.30pm for a 7.30pm departure. All rides are non-drop (meaning we will wait for everyone) with a planned route and last approximately 1 hour. Come along and join us.
This year, as a club, we will be attending the races listed below:
- Sunday the 4th June. Kimberly Pool Sprint Triathlon. Adult races from 07:00am. Junior races from 11:30am. Juniors must be aged between 9 to 14 years.
- Saturday 1st July from 1pm until 5pm. Cuda Foremarke Hall Junior Triathlon on. British Triathlon age categories apply.
- Sunday 2nd July from 8am. Foremarke Hall Sprint Triathlon.
- Sunday 16th July. Bosworth Triathlon, Novice, Sprint, Standard and Middle Distance.
- Sunday 20th August. Erewash Sprint Triathlon.
Training resumes as normal this week.
Junior training sessions:
– Saturdays at West Park Leisure Centre 5pm until 7pm. We are still just running and swimming for the time being. Remember to wrap up warm and bring along extra smiles this Saturday the 7th January, the first session back. Any prospective new members please feel free to contact us on: firstname.lastname@example.org
Adults training sessions:
– Tuesdays, swim at West Park Leisure Centre, 8.30pm to 9.30pm.
– Wednesdays, turbo session at the rugby club on West Park, 7.30pm to 8.30pm, meet at 7.15pm to get set up.
– Saturdays, swim at West Park Leisure Centre, 5pm to 6pm
Any prospective new members feel free to contact us with any questions you may have on: email@example.com
Happy training everyone.